Sussex County Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Lawyer
Helping Individuals throughout the Georgetown Area Get a Fresh Start through Chapter 13
If you are struggling to pay your bills, but don’t qualify to permanently discharge your debts under Chapter 7, or want to repay creditors over a period of time, a Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing may help you stop the harassing phone calls and letters and get a fresh start. An experienced attorney can help you through the process.
At the office of attorney James C. Reed, in Rehoboth Beach, I offer over 20 years of practice experience to people throughout lower Delaware. I focus my entire practice on bankruptcy, helping you take advantage of the laws enacted by Congress to help you get back on your feet. Whatever the reason for your financial trouble, my goal is to help you move forward. I understand that bankruptcy can cause stress and anxiety, and I work hard to be accessible when you need me, so that your questions or concerns can be quickly addressed.
I offer a free initial evaluation to every client. Contact my office or call me at 302-227-2477 to schedule an appointment.
My Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Practice
I handle all matters related to Chapter 13 bankruptcy filings, preparing and submitting the paperwork to complete the process and providing representation on your behalf in all meetings or hearings with creditors, the bankruptcy trustee or the court. Most Chapter 13 clients generally fall into four categories.
- I help people who are behind on their mortgage payments, with a plan that forces the lender to accept monthly payments, over a period of 3 – 5 years, to pay that mortgage arrears.
- I help people whose income is higher than their living expenses, but who still seem unable to pay all their debts
- I work with people who have property in excess of their exemptions, to modify their payments to creditors
- I help people use Chapter 13 to secure a new payment arrangement for secured debts, including home and car loans, so that they can stop foreclosure or repossession proceedings
- I work with people who have owned a personal vehicle for at least 910 days and want to “cram down” the loan so that they can pay the fair market value of the car rather than the amount due
- I can help you eliminate a second mortgage, if the value of your home is less than the amount owed on your first mortgage, or eliminate other junior liens when the debt on the prior liens exceeds the value of your home.
Whatever your reason for filing, I will help you put together a proposed reorganization plan and will also review any repayment offers from your creditors. The plan will usually enable you to keep your home and cars, bring the payments on your home current, pay off your car loans, and have an affordable monthly payment for three to five years.
This site is intended for general information purposes and to give you some basic information about bankruptcy law. It is not legal advice. For legal advice you need to contact me and schedule an appointment so that I can determine how the law applies to you and whether there are exceptions that apply in your case.
James C. Reed, P.A. is a debt relief agency. We help people get relief from their debts, including, where appropriate, filing for relief under the U.S. Bankruptcy Code.